Re: Tooling Resins vs. SLA

From: David Comeau (albright@ici.net)
Date: Fri Nov 21 1997 - 04:16:50 EET

Ingrid

We have been casting injection molding tools for over 3 years. A model
(SLA, and others) is used to cast the tool with the Albright process that
we developed.

Fastest we went from model to mold parts is two hours.

Tool life is over one thousand parts.

The mold is run in conventual molding machine at slightly lower injection
pressures.

Run commercial and engineering resins

Surface finish is dependent on the master from highly textured to optical

 Albright Technologies, Inc.
92 Albright Road
Sterling, MA 01564
Dave@albright1.com