Re[2]: Tooling Resins vs. SLA

From: jim@paramountind.com
Date: Sat Nov 22 1997 - 02:40:32 EET

     Our experience using any cast composite resin systems...
     Success is part geometry dependent, part size dependent, molding resin
     processing pressure dependent and molding resin processing temperature
     dependent. There are many more factors which affect outcome.

     We seen molds blow apart on the 2nd shot and others produce in excess
     of 250 shots...

     I cannot imagine SLA resins having any better success ratios then
     epoxy systems.

     Jim Williams
     Paramount Industries, Inc.