[rp-ml] 10/10/06 Update for the Worldwide Guide to Rapid Prototyping web site

From: <EdGrenda_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue Oct 10 2006 - 16:41:14 EEST

Hi Folks:
* Many of you will be interested in this week's Featured News story about
the Lockheed Polecat unmanned aircraft. It was almost entirely made using
additive fabrication. Click on the picture on our front page.
* HIGHLIGHTS of the latest edition of THE ADDITIVE FABRICATION SPY (TM) are
also now available on our web site. A record 226 additive fabrication patent
documents were published from 6/8/06 to 9/5/06.
Read More About ....
---------------------------
-- A low-cost process for manufacturing titanium parts.
-- Improving the resolution and surface finish of fused deposition modeling
(FDM) parts.
-- Multi-vat leveling systems for stereolithography-based rapid
manufacturing.
-- Air-levitated production conveyor systems made using additive
fabrication.
-- Warheads with special features.
-- Complex finger rings made from numerous links.
-- Manufacturing high temperature rocket components.
-- Abrasive manufacturing systems for complex products and customer-site
manufacturing.
-- Tiny pumps for implantation within the heart.
-- A follow-on generation of aligner-based orthodontics that doesn’t use
rapid prototyping.
-- A multi-layer approach to making artificial teeth.
TO READ ABOUT THESE DEVELOPMENTS, use the red *LATEST PATENTS READY NOW*
button on our home page to jump to the Additive Fabrication Spy (TM) - or just
click on the PATENTS button at the top of any page, or text link at the bottom
to easily find your way there.
Ed Grenda
The Worldwide Guide to Rapid Prototyping
http://home.att.net/~castleisland/
Castle Island Co.
781-646-6280 (voice or fax)
EdGrenda@aol.com (email)