Re: Internet phone charges

From: Robert Crangle (rcltd@nckcn.com)
Date: Fri Dec 11 1998 - 17:43:40 EET

FYI, from my Congressman:

"Thank you for your e-mail regarding charges by telephone companies for
Internet use. I appreciate your taking the time to contact me on this
very important issue.

"As you may know, in December 1996, the Federal Communications Commission
(FCC) requested public comment on issues relating to the charges that
Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and similar companies pay to local
telephone companies. On May 7, 1997, the FCC decided to leave the
existing rate structure in place. At this time, I am not aware of any
efforts before Congress which would allow telephone companies to impose
per-minute access charges on consumers for ISP service."