(no subject)

From: Rapid Dude (rp-adm@bart.lpt.fi)
Date: Thu Nov 30 1995 - 08:47:02 EET

Why would you want to divide the list by language. I like to read all
the messages that are posted to the mailing list. If it were divide into
multiple list, I would subscribe to all of them.

If a person can't communicate effectively in English, let him/her post
the message in another language. Maybe they would add a subject line in
English, so that everyone will know the topic of their message.

Regards,

Christian Nelson
DTM Corporation
nelson@dtm-corp.com

On Wed, 29 Nov 1995, Andre Dolenc wrote:

> Greetings to all,
> and straight to the point:
>
> A mailing list is about rapid and effective communication. Not all of
those
> in this list can communicate effectively in English. Given the number of
> individuals in this list and the growing interest in RP, I would
suggest the
> creation of language-specific and/or national RP mailing lists.
>
> I don't want to discuss this topic in the list. If anyone out there
wants to,
> say, start a German list 'rp-ml-german', contact your collegues
directly using
> the addresses in this list, and announce relevant conclusions here.
> I have been told that the signal-to-noise ratio in this list is quite
good, and
> let us keep it that way.
>
> I am certain that people will feel more confortable communicating in
their
> own language, and topics relevant to all will certainly overflow to
'rp-ml'.

> Regards, Andre'
> --
> Helsinki University of Technology voice/fax:
+358-0-4513239/4513293
http://www.cs.hut.fi/~ado/