RE: [rp-ml] file for business card puzzle

From: Olaf Diegel <olaf.diegel_at_aut.ac.nz>
Date: Mon Sep 13 2010 - 23:26:17 EEST

Thanks Lino,

Well, a fair few people have asked for the files, so I have uploaded
them to my server, and will leave them there for a week, or so.

The Solidworks 2010 files is at:
http://www.ciri.org.nz/downloads/magic_card_SW.rar
and the single part STL file is at:
http://www.ciri.org.nz/downloads/magic_card_stl.rar

The file is just the generic folding card so you need to add your
logos, etc. I don't have a high enough resolution printer to make it
myself, so you may need to tweak the tolerances depending which machine
you are printing it on.

Note that the original design was not mine. I just thought it was
incredibly cool so figured out how it worked and CADed one up.

If anyone turns it into their own business card, fell free to send me
one. Always good to show students what is possible. :-)

Cheers
Olaf

Professor Olaf Diegel
Director, Creative Industries Research Institute, www.ciri.org.nz (
http://www.ciri.org.nz/ )
Auckland University of Technology
Associate Dean, Strategic Development, Faculty of Design & Creative
Technologies
WS117, 34 St Paul Street, Auckland, New Zealand
Tel: 64-9-921 9485, Fax: 64-9-920 0421
Email: olaf.diegel@aut.ac.nz
Web: www.ciri.org.nz/olaf/

>>> "The Creature Company" <mail@creaturecompany.com> 14/09/2010 1:09
a.m. >>>

Olaf, That is wonderful! I am not sure about the tolerances either…
Maybe someone here would know? But I am willing to experiment with it. I
would need it as a stl file. But if it is troublesome for you I can
convert it. I also went to your website! Your research on curved
printing it very intriguing!!
Lino