Re: Sony SCS 9000 References

From: Gary Barnak <barnak_at_spt.sony.com>
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 21:25:32 EET

Steve, I am sorry for the late response to your questions. We are in the
process of finalizing the order for our first SCS-9000 in the U.S. market
and we expect it to install by the end of February. The model SCS-9000 is
the same model SCS-3000 as sold in the Asian markets.

As for a seam in large parts, this does not happen as one beam will perform
the outline scanning and then the two beams will work to scan the inside.
This will result in a faster build without creating a seam. The two beams do
not actually meet.

Build speed on the Sony "D" models (SCS-8000D and SCS-9000D) will be faster
than our single beam machines but it is dependant on resin sensitivity, part
shape and build orientation. We should be able to provide accurate side by
side comparison data once our first SCS-9000D is up and running.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Gary Barnak
Sony Precision Technology America, Inc.