RE: Complete RP certification

From: Bathsheba Grossman (sheba@bathsheba.com)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 22:11:48 EET

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Blasch, Larry wrote:
> I therefore amend my classifications to:
>
> Novice... I made a part once...
> Journeyman... I have the keys/password to the machine/lab... (Sorry, I can't
> think of politically correct term so flame away)
> Master... Not only do I know how to use the $#@! machines, but I can
> get them to sing and dance...
> Consultant... I read an article on the subject, so now I can charge
> someone loads of money...

What about

RP Certified Whiner - I have not less than 100 complaints about why
your technology and business model are wrong, but I don't want to do
any work or invest any money.

But maybe this is the same as "User".

> I repeat my original suggestion which was:
> "If we as a group could create a certification process similar to the MCSE
> test, It might benefit us all."

Is there a large enough body of generic knowledge for this to make
sense? This industry seems very brand-linked at present, and I'm not
sure to what extent knowledge and expertise transfer between systems.

-Sheba

--
Bathsheba Grossman                 phone (831)429-8224, fax (831)460-1242
Sculpting geometry                                          bathsheba.com