Re: ARCHITECTURAL_stl file coordinates to full scale building

From: Marshall Burns (Marshall@Ennex.com)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 20:10:02 EET

Jonathan,

    It wasn't developed for something as large as a full-scale building, but
Phill Dickens in the UK has done some interesting work in steel fabrication
by 3-D welding. The idea is basically a robotic welding head where, instead
of welding for the purpose of joining two parts together, the welding rod
itself is the raw material for what is being fabricated. He built some nice
pieces this way. There's a picture in my book of an automotive part. Last I
talked to him he was still working on improvements to the idea, but I'm not
sure of it's current status.

Marshall Burns