Re: What technology to build a 180MB STL file?

From: Kwok Kwok Tung (ktkwok@hkusua.hku.hk)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 12:41:55 EET

I didn't realize that even for a binary STL file, you can compress it to more than half !!!
what a surprise to me? Here is the same file in .ZIP which is only 48MB.
One third of the original. enjoy.

Sorry for the duplication.

ftp://stl:stl@147.8.86.48/stl120b.zp

KWOK

Hi,

Here is one 120MB binary STL file I created in SolidWorks 99.
For those of you who are interested, you can d/l in here:
ftp://stl:stl@147.8.86.48/stl120b.stl

Regards.

KWOK K. T., MPhil. Student
Dept. of Industrial & Manufacturing Systems Eng.
The University of Hong Kong, SAR China
ktkwok@hkusua.hku.hk