LETS MAKE CAN-DO PARTS

From: RP Solutions (rps@rp-solutions.co.uk)
Date: Mon Aug 09 1999 - 16:24:15 EEST

Dear Fabbers,

I was very excited to see all your opinions re-RP being "the manufacturing
process of the future", as an independant RP bureau we are however
compelled by the financial realities of life to look at the situation as we
have it now, today.

I was really interested to see Roger Spielman's contribution and I like the
idea of looking for those "can-do parts". Perhaps Roger could elaborate a
bit on the types of parts, materials and quantities that he is producing?

Trying to produce small batches of high value parts on RP systems does look
like an interesting possibility. What other industry sectors have
applications that could prove viable?Do we (RP bureaux) need more feedback
from end users to identify potential niches?

Which RP process is most suited to this? how important are material
properties, cycle times part costs etc? (We have Stratasys FDM technology
that produces ABS plastic parts)

Are their any UK RP-MLers reading this that would like to investigate
potential applications? If so why not get in touch. Iam sure that this is a
side of RP that we should look at carefully.

Yours,

Oliver Cole
Technical Director

RP Solutions Ltd