RE: strange phenomen

From: Miller, Michael W (Mike.Miller3@PSS.Boeing.com)
Date: Tue Jun 01 1999 - 20:33:50 EEST

Ah yes, what we referred to as the split wall problem. I've never seen it as bad as the pic you sent. Ours just showed up as a soft, undersintered whitish area between the walls. It has to do with "laser on" and "laser off" timing settings in the part profile. I believe it might also be solvable with the newer M3 galvonometers. (I would like to know if you have the newer galvos in which case it blows that theory... how old is your machine?) We were able to reduce the problem significantly by changing the "laser off" parameter, however, I can't recall the exact setting. I'll find out when I get out to the lab and report back.
Michael W Miller (Mike.Miller3@PSS.Boeing.com)
The Boeing Company MS 17-PE B-XT62
Propulsion Experimental Hardware 206-655-3289
Rapid Prototyping 655-4366 Lab 655-4365