Re: Rapid Tool Question

From: Cary Rosenberg (caryr@partsnow.com)
Date: Sat May 22 1999 - 00:55:52 EEST

Dear Kevin:

Soligen's DSPC casting process is quite adapt at casting H13 and other
tool steels in the size range that you have listed.
The cast insert of this size will typically be with in a
+/-.030"(.75mm), so machine stock to compensate for these casting
tolerances and to enhance 200RMS surface finish may be added to the net
3d model to allow for a final "clean-up" cut or edm burn to the net
shape if required.
Soligen can turn the un-machined casting around typically in 10-15 days,
depending on whether internal cooling passages are required or not.

Cary Rosenberg