about the measurement of mold built by SLS RapidSteel

From: MIN CHANG-SHIK (mcs9413@lge.co.kr)
Date: Fri Dec 18 1998 - 10:52:42 EET

   Dear all:

 There seems to be somebody who knows what the best method
 to measure 3D dimension of mold built by RapidSteel is....
 I think the dimensional accuracy of mold built by RapidSteel
 is relatively inaccurate to be used as an injection mold.
 So it is very difficult to define the origin and axis on it.
 That is why I've checked the accuracy of the whole mold surface
 using 3D laser digitizer(scanner) and then compare measured data
 with designed data.

   Is there anyone who has other opinion ?

 Your ideas will be appreciated...Thank you in advance.
Chang-Shik,Min
Precision Technology Center,LG-PRC / LG Electronics Inc.
19-1,Cheongho-Ri,Jinwuy-Myon,Pyungtaek(451-713), R.O.Korea
(Voice)+82-333-660-7090
(Fax)+82-333-660-7384