Re: about the measurement of mold built by SLS RapidSteel

From: jim@paramountind.com
Date: Fri Dec 18 1998 - 22:00:07 EET

     Hello Chang-Shik,Min

     We measure every mold using traditional measuring tools. Digital data
     collection is an excellent tool as well.

     Are you having difficulty finding datum points inside the mold to
     begin your inspection? If this is your problem you need to establish
     physical inspection set-up points. These points should correlate to
     the cavity/core part geometry datums.

     Are you using RapidSteel 1.0 (LR1) or RapidSteel 2.0 (LR2)? This will
     make a difference. Molds we have made to date in LR2 are flat within
     .005".

     Kindly,
     Jim Williams
     Paramount Industries, Inc.