Re: a summary of Future of RP Comments

From: John Duffy (jfduffy@banet.net)
Date: Wed Dec 16 1998 - 20:21:56 EET

While17% annual unit growth sounds low, especially if lower-priced, concept
modelers every take off, I don't know what sort of 3-D graphics software Peddie
is predicting everyone will use. I think currently the vast majority of 3D used
on PCs is for games and I'm sure that this use will increase. What sort of
growth is predicted for CAD/CAM software. While dramatically lower prices seem
certain over the next 5 years, I would expect that penetration will saturate
because of the difficulty of using the software. Even if CAD/CAM software were
free, I'm not sure I would expect 79 million users.

John Duffy