Re: RP leveling the playing field

From: Marshall Burns (marshall@ennex.com)
Date: Sun Nov 29 1998 - 00:01:46 EET

Steven Pollack wrote:

> Jewelry tools are relatively innexpensive now ($3,000 outfits you) but
> only a few adventuous hobbyists bother. Most people I encounter in my
> jewelry store need to see something to understand it.

Steve,

    This is completely in agreement with my earlier comment. In my posting,
I talked about people having fabbers at home to make products for sale to
their neighbors and on the Internet. You are already there. When fabbers
come down in price, you will have one and you will use it to make jewelry.
(Whether you actually do this at home or at an independent shop in a plaza
near your home is a minor detail.) You will have another neighbor who will
use his or her fabber to make furniture. Others will use theirs to make
automotive accessories, kitchen appliances, hand tools, etc. Then there will
be some people who want to do all kinds of products. Some people will be
creative enough to make whatever they want for themselves, but many people,
as you've pointed out, will go to their neighbors for expertise in making
certain kinds of products. It's just like we go to different kinds of stores
today (or different departments of a department store) to buy different
kinds of products, but the difference will be that we will not be buying
from stock, but will be working with a talented craftsperson such as
yourself to have what we want made just for us.

Best regards,
Marshall Burns
Marshall@Ennex.com

***** ENNEX(TM) CORPORATION