FTP site for demo models...

From: Jesper Damvig (jesper@damvig.com)
Date: Sat Sep 19 1998 - 11:13:11 EEST

Hi List

I have a little problem, and yes It is very little.

Most of our customers Are working with projects that will not be released for a long time.
This means that we can´t show all the cool models that we build, only the boring and not
very interesting parts.
When the cool parts finally is released this technology is probably out dated and no one
will be interested in layer manufacturing any more (I hope that this won´t start a huge debate).

The idea I have is that It could be nice if someone was willing to set up a ftp site, where
we all could contribute with a lot of stl and iges parts for the other list members, to download.
Often I see requests on the list for specific files e.g. Titanic,Sidney opera,Mars,Enterprise ect.
This is the kind of files I was thinking about and not specific customer parts so to speak.

I hope that I´m not the only one that thinks that this is a good idea, personally I have
about 5-10 files that is very cool, they Are very hard to build but hey you´r all professionals I presume ?

Best regards

Damvig plastic
www.damvig.com
jesper@damvig.com
Kuldyssen 6
2630 Taastrup
Denmark

Tlf. +45 43993736
Fax. +45 43993388

PS. We still have our FDM 1600 for sale, the price is around 35.000 USD