Re: ancient technology

From: Justin R. Kidder (jrkst34+@pitt.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 05 1998 - 17:56:17 EEST

Speaking of the Enterprise, it seems all they ever made in their
replicators was food and hot tea for Captain Picard. Why not machine
parts? Electronics? Batteries? Weapons? Are we going to be able to
make such things in the future? Will we want to? What about assemblies?
What's the difference between a cup with tea in it, a fudge brownie with
walnuts and a phaser, if you're working on a molecular level?

watched far too much tv,
Justin

On Wed, 5 Aug 1998 harvest@harvest-tech.com wrote:

> > Where will RP&M be 2000 years from now?
>
> Onboard the Starship Enterprise making Ractaginos and fudge brownies.
>
> David Leigh

Justin Kidder, Research Asst. | Automation and Robotics Laboratory
jrkst34+@pitt.edu | University of Pittsburgh

               Home page: http://www.pitt.edu/~jrkst34