Re: Flexible RP materials

From: Charles Conner (connerc@dtm-corp.com)
Date: Wed Aug 05 1998 - 18:58:52 EEST

Mr. Frantz

On 8/5/98 you wrote:

>We are working on a medical device that requires a flexible strap component.
>
>What flexible RP materials are currently available?
>What durometers are the materials?

DTM currently offers a "rubber-like" material called Somos 201 which was
developed by DuPont for use with the SLS(R) Selective Laser Sintering process.
Parts made with this material have a Shore A Hardness (Durometer) of 81.

There are several service bureaus in North America which use this material. I
invite them to respond to your inquiry if they are interested in quoting this
job. I would also be glad to provide you with some names and numbers if

Best regards,

Charles Conner
DTM Corporation
1611 Headway Circle