Re: mri to .stl ug.prt

From: Justin R. Kidder (jrkst34+@pitt.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 06 1997 - 17:06:45 EEST

On Fri, 3 Oct 1997, Rob Gallant wrote:

> Dear RP community,
>
> Is it possible to obtain a .stl file and a iges file (end result unigraphics
> part file) from a medical MRI or is a CT scan the only way. If so want information
> or file format would I require and were could I get the files converted. The end
> use of this file is for back surgery for my partner in our prototype shop. This
> operation is apparently a relatively new proceedure, and a model would be
> helpful.

Materialize has a nice package...see http://www.materialize.com

Also take a look into Velocity by Image3, LLC..I am not sure of their web
address, but I've used the demo package and it looks very powerful for
converting to STL files. Try emailing to image3@aros.net.

- Justin
Justin Kidder, Research Asst. | Automation and Robotics Laboratory
jrkst34+@pitt.edu | University of Pittsburgh

               Home page: http://www.pitt.edu/~jrkst34
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you"