mri to .stl ug.prt

From: Rob Gallant (rgallant@anaconda.wad.comm.harris.com)
Date: Sat Oct 04 1997 - 00:35:06 EEST

Dear RP community,

Is it possible to obtain a .stl file and a iges file (end result unigraphics
part file) from a medical MRI or is a CT scan the only way. If so want information
or file format would I require and were could I get the files converted. The end
use of this file is for back surgery for my partner in our prototype shop. This
operation is apparently a relatively new proceedure, and a model would be
helpful.

Any help or information regarding this matter is greatly appreciated.
Robert E. Gallant
Harris Canada, Inc.
Harris Wireless Access Divsion
6732 8th Street N.E.