RE: [rp-ml] 3d lightyear missing triangle error

From: Phil Iehle <>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2013 12:44:52 -0400

<Have you tried verifying the file?>
<it's usually a problem originating with the CAD file. I'd check all the CAD
parts to make sure it's constructed, joined, and in the right format (3D

All files are verified in Magics for normals / watertight / overlap /
#shells / etc..
I have not used lightyear for verification for many years. I tried it and it
does nothing to solve this.
Additional info;
It now seems that any file over a given size (somewhere around 28-32mb)
causes this behavior. Lightyear has been running on XP 64 bit for a long
time and I was able to load huge STL files before this.

Something is different & nothing on the PC has changed.