[rp-ml] 3D Systems CUBE Performance Estimate

From: <ChathamRes_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 11:16:21 -0400 (EDT)

In researching the performance of the 3D Systems CUBE, I found that the
information was as hard to find as the security leaks around the hacking of
the Iranian nuclear capability, but the following is our best estimate:
1.75 inch high bust of Obama in STL format
Volume=1.4 cubic inch
Build time = 1.38 hours or 83 minutes
Assuming density of ABS = 1
Cost = $4.40 ounce x 1.38= $6.02 for a “solid”
A “hollow” model would take 58 minutes
A “strong” model would take 66 minutes
The performance numbers were estimates found by running 3D Systems Print
The new larger CubeX is rated at double the speed of the CUBE, which I
have not been able to confirm.
_ChathamRes_at_aol.com_ (mailto:ChathamRes_at_aol.com)
If you would like to compare another system to the CUBE performance, send
me a request for the Obama file and I will send you the STL file in return
for your sending me your results.