Re: [rp-ml] Video - 3D Printing Basics

From: Michael Armbruster <>
Date: Sun May 20 2012 - 06:00:16 EEST

I absolutely agree with those points, I personally do not see the RepRap as
a finished product, and I love the open source community for all the
reasons that you mention. I want the open source community to thrive and I
want for more to pop up. Love love love them, 100%. A+. ... My only
concern, as I've mentioned, is that many people are being exposed to this
community without realizing how outdated it is. Even with support, the
machine will still only have evolved into something we've already had for a
long time. I don't feel like we're doing a good enough job of telling
people that. I just want to make sure that the kids who are being exposed
to these things understand that while a RepRap might very well be the
future, the machine is also very much the past. That's why I'm so
passionate about the video.

- Michael