Re: [rp-ml] Latest RP News

From: Olaf Diegel <>
Date: Thu May 05 2011 - 23:27:22 EEST

Very cool story! But I worry that the media is now starting to get confused between "rapid prototyping" as in "additive manufacturing" and "rapid prototyping" as in "developing a prototype/product rapidly", which is what I think may have been meant in this story?
Unclear from those clips that there was a major AM component to the aircraft (though there was, no doubt, a heap of AM done)...

Professor Olaf Diegel
Professor of Product Development
Director, Creative Industries Research Institute,
Auckland University of Technology
WS117, 34 St Paul Street, Auckland, New Zealand
Tel: 64-9-921 9485, Fax: 64-9-920 0421
>>> "G. Sachs" <> 6/05/2011 7:19 a.m. >>>