Re: [rp-ml] Stratasys stock soars on news of 3-D printer deal with Hewlett-Packard

From: Rachel Park <>
Date: Thu Jan 21 2010 - 00:39:13 EET

'Hmm' and 'momentous' were two of the many noises all over the blogs
and tweets yesterday as the news broke.

Personally I do believe this is a significant moment in the industry's
history. It's going to be at least a 12 month period before we can
gauge it, but I wouldn't be surprised to see other 2D/3D vendors
hooking up in the meantime.

An interesting aside to Marshall's comment on the 'success lifting all
boats in the industry', is the speed with which the boats were rising
prior to this news. I was taken with Joseph Flaherty's post on
Replicator on Monday:
. Although I agree that this Stratasys/HP news is potentially a huge
accelerator that could see unprecedented growth all round.

Rachel Park | RP Editorial Services
t: 07515 741188