RE: [rp-ml] Patching Silicone RTV Molds

From: Lino P. Stavole <>
Date: Wed Dec 03 2008 - 00:06:46 EET

I've had some success patching silicone molds and castings using either
shin-etsu brand caulking or any other 100% silicone. Clear in my opinion is
best. You can use a small bit of Naptha and a fine paint brush to wipe the
excess away. Do not use too much as it will temporarily swell your mold. You
can use 99% alcohol in lieu of the naptha but I feel like this leaves a
small film of the silicon on your piece.

Lino Stavole

The Creature Company

661.433.5283 <>

CC logo

This e-mail transmission, including any previous messages or attachments to
it, contains information that may be proprietary, confidential and/or
privileged. If you have received this transmission in error, please delete
the original transmission without making copies, disclosing, distributing,
saving or making use of it in any manner (all of which acts are strictly
prohibited), and so notify the sender by reply