[rp-ml] ATC (Advanced Temperature Control) for SLS

From: Javier Munguia/UPC <Javier.Munguia_at_upc.edu>
Date: Thu Mar 06 2008 - 20:57:21 EET

Dear RP colleagues,
A very specific question appealing your experience with SLS equipment.
We run a vanguard system, aprox 8 years old. We´ve recently experienced
problems with the Temp. sensors, one of them had to be replaced,fixing the
problem but anyway is not strange to have inconsistent builds.

They´ve recommended us to adopt an ATC system, which has been offered as an
"absolute" temperature and build stabilizer (which replaces current
Since we´re talkin of around 20k to 60k dlls.a major investment, we would
really appreciate any comments: if its worth the acquisition, if the
investment really pays off in terms of long-term quality & build stability.
Or if its the case, less coslty alternatives to temperature control.

Many thanks!!

P/D: Vendors & tecnical services feel free to contact us off-line. Just
mind we´re located in Spain.

Javier Munguía
Javier Munguía
Universidad Politécnica de Cataluña