Re: [rp-ml] Moving the RPML

From: Todd Pederzani (
Date: Tue Jul 03 2007 - 19:12:20 EEST

Deelip Menezes wrote:
> A lot of effort indeed. However if the messages have been stored in a
> database (instead of just the HTML files that we see in the archive),
> it would only be a matter of writing some code to automatically read
> this info and post messages directly to the new list. On the other
> hand if we are left with the HTML pages only then it would mean
> writing some more code. Hannu, can you throw some light on this?
Alternately, are there any members who have all the old messages in
their email program? Scrubbing those of identifying information is a
viable solution. (Since I, too, am unaware of if Hypermail stores the
original mails it creates the archives from.)

Todd Pederzani
ProtoCAM                System Administrator
3848 Cherryville Road   Phone: (610) 261-9010
Northampton, PA 18067   Fax:   (610) 261-9350