[rp-ml] circular interpolation

From: fintan mac cormack (fintan_maccormack@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 14 2007 - 11:53:52 EET

Dear List this could be a little off topic but i have been working on a home project where i made a simple CNC router that can cut out material and allow me to manually build up a 3D model. I have also written some software that slices a 3D model to generate the 2D layers. The question i have is when i generate the 2D layer it ends up producing a profile made up of a set of points, which the controller then converts into a set of straight line motions. I was wondering if there is a better way of doing this, the controller i have can do circular interpolation but how would you convert these set of points into circular motions. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.