[rp-ml] Will nanoparticles revolutionize 3D Printing?

From: joepuska@iwon.com
Date: Wed Feb 07 2007 - 18:45:44 EET

I noted with interest that Kodak has announced a new series of photo printers that use inks made with nanoparticles. The big advantage of this technology is that the cost of inks will be cut by 50% and the lifetime of the photos will be significantly enhanced.

When will nanoparticles come into the technology of 3D printers?

We certainly need lower price materials to really expand the market for 3D printers to the point where everybody who wants one can afford one and the associated materials that go with it.