Re: [rp-ml] Scale comp

From: Markus Hitter (mah@jump-ing.de)
Date: Sat Aug 20 2005 - 01:09:13 EEST

Am 18.08.2005 um 21:43 schrieb Paul.Olson@intermec.com:

> I need some help in establishing line width compensation on my
> 250. At this point my test part is under size by .010 in Y and .
> 012 in X.
You have to set both, correct scaling and correct beam width
compensation. Build large (200 mm x 200 mm), thin walled (3 mm)
frames. Use the outer measure to set the scaling and the wall
thickness to calculate beam width compensation.

Oh, and don't forget to clean your optics before even starting as
dusty lenses and windows can deform your laser beam substantially.
Postprocess (wash, fully cure, ...) all test parts before measuring
the same way you'd postprocess production parts. Postprocessing can
shrink a part noticeable.

Hope that helps,
Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter