RE: [rp-ml] removing loose powder on sls parts

From: David K. Leigh <dkleigh_at_harvest-tech.com>
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 17:07:20 EEST

There are several ways to do it. . . but lets assume its kinda like a
hearing aid shell. There are little wire frame baskets that you can put
small parts into. When you bead blast the parts in the basket, it creates a
vortex and you are able to get a large amount of powder off of the parts.
After bead blasting, you can then finish it off with compressed air.

But. . . you'll never get 100% of the powder off. There is always a slight
amount of powder in nooks and crannies. I'd suggest a post process step
with a dip or spray. Maybe like a clear-coat, acrylic, or similar.

David K. Leigh (254)933-1000
Harvest Technologies fax(254)298-0125
Rapid Prototyping Services dkleigh@harvest-tech.com