From: Chris (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Date: Thu Aug 21 2003 - 20:56:58 EEST
This is a hoax. You don't need to do anything. See microsoft link below:
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]On
Behalf Of Mark Armer or A.J. Sincic
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2003 9:12 AM
Subject: Eradicating a Virus
Sorry about this everyone!
Unfortunately, a virus has been passed on to us by a contact. My address
book WAS infected. Since you are in my address book, there is a chance
got it too. The virus (called jdbgmgr.exe) CANNOT be detected by Norton
McAfee antivirus systems. The virus sits quietly for 14 days before
the system. It is sent automatically by messenger and by the address
whether or not you sent e-mails to your contacts. It is transferred
an "attachment" file.
Here's how to check for the virus and get rid of it:
YOU MUST DO THIS:
1. Go to start, Find, or search option.
2. In the file folder option, type the name jdbgmgr.exe
3. Be sure you search your C: drive and all sub folders and any other
you may have.
4. Click "find now"
5. The virus has a Teddy Bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe DO NOT OPEN
6. Go to Edit (on the menu bar) and choose "select all" to highlight the
file without opening it.
7. Now go to File (on the menu bar) and select delete. It will then to
8. If you find the virus, you must contact all the people in your
book, so they can eradicate it in their own address books.
To do this:
a) open a new e-mail message
b) click the icon of the address book next to the TO:
c) highlight every name and add to "BCC" (which means blind copy) Do not
in the TO box because that is the way othe people get infected by
d) copy this message and paste it to e-mail
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.7 : Sat Jan 17 2004 - 15:17:54 EET