The Society of Plastics Engineers and the Product Design and Development
Division of SPE are pleased to invite the prototyping and design community
to the May 24 and 25 SPE Design and Development Forum. Participants
involved with creating and developing concepts for plastic injection molding
and mold making can benefit from this two day event jammed with informative
sessions from industry leaders.
Held in Bloomington Minnesota at the Holiday In Select Hotel, just outside
of the Minneapolis/St. Paul airport and close to attractions such as the
Mall of America, this technical conference is filling fast.
Day 1 on Tuesday has sessions including:
- Glenn Beall on Design for Plastics,
- Plastics Design on the Internet by Ranga Shastri of Dow,
- Breaking the Rules with Gas Assist by Matthew Sayer of Cinpress,
- Overmolding Plastic Parts by Lew Butler of Tecstar, Advances in CAE by
Anne Bernhardt of Plastics and Computers,
- Design for Efficient Rotomolding by Glenn Beall, Design for Gas Assisted
Injection Molding by Sayer,
- Optimizing the Thermoforming Process through Design by Ed Probst of
- Rapid Prototyping Round Table with representatives from 3D, DTM,
Day 2 on Wednesday has sessions for:
-The All Plastic Bodied Automobile by Thomas Moore of Daimler Chrysler,
- Laser Marking of Plastic by Chad Hertling of RTP,
- Parts without Tooling by Jim Fowler and Jack Hill of Tool-Less
- Design for Thin Wall Molding by Kurt Weiss of GE,
- In-Mold Decorating of Plastics Parts by Roy Bomerger of Kurz-Hastings'
- Improving Injection Molding Part Cost, Quality and Delivery through
Intelligent Design by Glenn Beall,
- Cost-Effective Plastics Design - Utilization of CAD Systems by Experts
from AutoCAD, Catia, Pro-E, SolidWorks, SDRC, and Unigraphics
The cost of the forum is $395 for SPE members and $495 for non-members. To
register fill out the following form and send it to:
SPE Plastic Product and Development Forum, PO Box 403, Brookfield CT
06804-0403 or fax it to 203-740-2671.
For more information go to the http://www.4spe.org/PD301.HTML site. You can
also register online at http://www.4spe.org/conference/PD3_01_reg.html.
For more information about the rp-ml, see http://ltk.hut.fi/rp-ml/
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Fri Jan 04 2002 - 09:57:04 EET