Some days ago a posted a question on how to make FDM Parts watertight. I did get a lot reactions and I like to thank everyone who responded.
Most suggested to dip the part into a solvend (like MEK or Acetone or weld-on), or to apply a solvend with a brush. This is what I did (with Acetone), but only on the down facing surfaces (because the other surfaces do not leak) and I got a very good result.
Other suggestions where applying a coating or infiltrate the part with epoxy. I did some experiments with epoxy, but results were not good. I just used the epoxy I had on stock and mayby the problem was that this stuff had a too low viscosity. I placed the parts with epoxy in the vacuum chamber, but the layer epoxy on the part was too thick and not constant.
Thanks again and regards,
Mike de Winter
For more information about the rp-ml, see http://ltk.hut.fi/rp-ml/
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Tue Jun 05 2001 - 23:03:28 EEST