I just have an idea of the constroction process of a Prototype but I
have never seen a real Prototype beeing building in a Rapid Prototyping
My knowledg about the RP tecnology is from some benchmakers, papers,
internet sites and here in the rp-ml. The literature in books about RP is
very poor in my opinion, because I did a research in amazon books and I
just found out only one book that I still didn't buy. I have never read any
book about RP...
I think the procedure to build a prototype with a RP machine could be:
1. Desing a threedimensional model in CAD;
2. Choose the technical parameters desired in the prototype
accuracy,resolution, speed, surface finish );
3. Choose the material of the prototype;
4. Choose the RP technology if more than one is available;
5. Prepare and simulate the process of construction in CAM;
6. Convert the file designed in CAD in .stl format and solve problems in
the .stl file;
7. Construct the prototype;
8. Post process.
- Does anyone agree with this sequence?
- What would be wrong ?
- Could anyone give me an example of the construction of a real prototype
and all parameters involved (include the RP machine)?
Thanks in advance,
Mechanical Engineering Student
For more information about the rp-ml, see http://ltk.hut.fi/rp-ml/
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Tue Jun 05 2001 - 23:02:35 EEST