Re: I want to move this discussion to a wider audience

From: Nathaniel J. Leon (connectcds@home.com)
Date: Thu Jul 02 1998 - 18:09:07 EEST

Our friend Wayne Foss wrote:

>...I don't mean to trash 3D Systems here, but a persons health should come
>before corporate profits

Wayne: I agree with you 100%. Full disclosure of possible hazards with new
equipment and materials is very important in today's world. This is for a
number of reasons, but the most important is because it is the correct thing
to do when business if viewed for the "stakeholder" level. Viewing business
from this level requires everyone to particpate fully and to be reimbursed
appropriately for their participation. Part of this is to be upfront and
honest to a fault.

When full disclosure is made many of the "subjective" costs can become
objective costs. The better we are able to evaluate all costs, which requires
them to be objective the better the situation is for all involved. Once you
get away for short term profits and start looking at stakeholder value
business is much more people friendly.

Niel Leon - CDS,inc.