RE: Too many SB's & a little late

From: DANIEL CHARLES DAVIS (DANIEL@proton.com.my)
Date: Fri Jun 05 1998 - 04:21:31 EEST

Hmmmm, two thousandths of an inch. Are you saying that all RP equipment
except Sanders is only accurate to that or is this only the Actua?

Of course the Actua (and Z-Corp and other concept modelers) will not
hold tooling tolerances. If we are talking about SLA & LOM, we
consistantly hold 0.25-0.35mm (0.010-0.014 inch) tolerance evben on full
envelope parts. I have many CMM printouts to support that. Maybe the
folks in question just don't know how to dial in their machines?

Let's compare apples to apples. A Sanders was never intended to be a
concept modeler. Maybe their recent marketing has tried to change that
but I think that that is a mistake.

Regards,
Dan Davis
Head, RP&M Division