Re: 'Help' (fwd)

From: Professor P M Dickens (pdickens@dmu.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Apr 27 1998 - 11:05:10 EEST

John,
Sounds like this may be a good application for the Technicast process.
For those not familiar with it the process goes as follows:
Take a model (usually a hand carved toy)
Replicate with silicon rubber (gives a model of the cavity)
Cast ceramic against the rubber
Cast beryllium copper against the ceramic to produce the tool.

I believe this process came out of the USA but the only contact I have
is here in the UK:
Peter Daybell
Managing Director
Technicast Moulds Ltd.