RP & T by B-spline machining

From: Jan Willem Gunnink (j.Gunnink@prc.tno.nl)
Date: Wed Dec 03 1997 - 19:04:47 EET

Dear RP world,

Besides our Stratasys, Helisys, Kira and Actua machine we make use of
3, 4 and 5 axis milling techniques.
In a few days we will order our new High Speed Milling machine from
Mikron, the HSM 700. We heard that some controlers for such a machine
like Siemens, Fanuc and Heidenhain/ATEK-HS-plus can use B-spline
machining for making the product. My question:

Is there anybody out there who knows anything about B-spline
machining?

What is the input for such a controller and which CAD-CAM system van
make such a input?

Is there anybody out there who knows anything about the Siemens,
Fanuc or Heidenhain/ATEK-HS-plus controllers.

I really like to hear anything from somebody!!!!!

All the best from Holland and more specific Delft

Jan Willem Gunnink