Re: SLA500 resin

From: Joseph DeGuglielmo (jfdegug@kodak.com)
Date: Tue Nov 11 1997 - 13:39:40 EET

Karl, Jeff:
We have switched to SL5410 here at Kodak. The "switch took place without
a hitch." We were able to run excellent parts using 3D default
parameters. After doing christmas trees and window panes we determined
we did not have to adjust them at all. The zero pre-dip delay saves
allot of time too. This material transition has been the smoothest out
of all we have been through. (which is quit a few) Since I have no
experience with Somos 7100 I can't compare it to that, but it is
definitely an improvement over SL5180. At the time we switched 3D was
offering a very attractive $.80 on a dollar buy back which made it a
very tolerable upgrade. I'm not sure if that still is on the table or
not. I hope this helps

--

Regards,

Joe DeGuglielmo Eastman Kodak Company Rapid Prototyping Center 901 Elmgrove Rd. Rochester, NY 14653-5315 (716)-726-7046 jfdegug@kodak.com