Dear RP community,
I believe many who build RP parts have encountered the problem of
volume", especially for parts with complicated features such as a human
As part of the research work for my M.Eng, I am trying to gather
on the following issues:
1) What are the major causes of trapped volume problem?
2) What are the effects of trapped volume on the quality of the RP parts
well as to the build process of various RP machines?
3) What are the current/possible remedies?
4) Are there any ways of modifying the build software, process or
so that we could at least alleviate (if not eliminate) the problem?
5) Other interesting issues related to this problem.
Please feel free to comment or relate your experiences. Your help
will be greatly appreciated.
Beng Yew Ang
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
School of Mechanical and Production Engineering
Nanyang Avenue, Singapore 639798
Tel: (65) 7995867 Fax: (65) 7924062
Pager: (65) 95865188
Internet Paging: http://220.127.116.11/singtel-page/intpage.phtml
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Tue Jun 05 2001 - 22:40:31 EEST