How Gullible Are We?
A freshman at Eagle Rock Junior High won first prize at the Greater
Idaho Falls Science Fair, April 26. He was attempting to show how
conditioned we have become to the alarmists practicing junk science and
fear of everything in our environment. In his project he urged people
a petition demanding strict control or total elimination of the chemical
"dihydrogen monoxide." And for plenty of good reasons, since it can:
1. cause excessive sweating and throwing up
2. it is a major component in acid rain
3. it can cause severe burns in its gaseous state
4. accidental inhalation can kill you
5. it contributes to erosion
6. it decreases effectiveness of automobile brakes
7. it has been found in tumors of terminal cancer patients
He asked 50 people if they supported a ban of the chemical.
Forty-three said yes, six were undecided, and only one knew that the
chemical was water. The title of his prize winning project was,
"How Gullible Are We?"
-- Jim Rollins Mailto:email@example.com Dir. Scanning Services ftp://ftp.sms-ct.com Scientific Measurement Systems (SMS) http://www.sms-ct.com 2210 Denton Drive Tel. 512-837-4712 Suite 106 Fax 512-837-9082 Austin, Texas 78758
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Tue Jun 05 2001 - 22:40:23 EEST