08/26/97 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Raindrop Geomagic, Inc. announces the scheduled release of geomagic Wrap™ 1.1
Champaign, Illinois (USA): Raindrop Geomagic, Inc. announces the
scheduled release of geomagic Wrap™ version 1.1 for November, 1997. The
new software will be showcased at the AutoFact '97 conference in Detroit,
Michigan (booth #1429). This innovative modeling software automatically
"wraps" an accurate and watertight surface around an arbitrary point cloud.
The resulting surface is triangulated and guaranteed to be topologically
consistent, without cracks or improper intersections. Once generated, the
surface can be output in various standard formats including 3DS, DXF, IGES,
STL, VRML, OBJ, GEOM, WRP, ASCII, and Postscript. Wrap™ can be bundled with
scanning hardware or used as a front end for CAD and graphics software
packages. A free evaluation copy of Wrap™ can be downloaded from
Three strengths distinguish Wrap™ from its competition: automation,
precision, and ease of use. Wrap™'s automated process enables production of
models with very little human intervention; therefore, models can be
mass-produced from scan data at a much lower cost. Existing 3D modeling
technologies are limited to mechanical and electronic layout systems. They
do not extend to organic shapes where precise representation is essential
and massive amounts of data must be processed quickly and cost effectively.
· the first and only solution for automatic and cost-effective production
of 3D computer models,
· the first and only easy interface in its category that can be learned by
anyone within an hour,
· the first and only unified modeling method for both surface and solid
· high-quality output with impeccable accuracy, and
· a geometry library that can be licensed to OEM hardware and software
Wrap™'s features offer unique solutions for engineers and manufacturers
faced with quick turnaround times and tight deadlines. Wrap™ runs on
Windows NT, Windows 95, and Silicon Graphics workstations. A free
evaluation copy can be downloaded from the company's Web site
NEW FEATURES IN WRAP™ 1.1
· Improved initial surface.
· Plug and play interface with MicroScribe digitizer.
· Model alignment.
· New input and output formats.
· Improved surface thickening.
· Automatic and selective surface decimation.
· Improved handling of large data files.
· Faster graphics and computation.
· Local operations for smoothing surfaces and sharpening edges.
· Software development kit (SDK).
Raindrop Geomagic, Inc. will showcase and sell Wrap™ 1.1 at AutoFact '97
(booth #1429) in Cobo Center, Detroit, MI. The retail price for Wrap™ 1.1
For further information contact Raindrop Geomagic, 206 N. Randolph Street,
Suite 520, Champaign, IL 61820-3989. Tel: +1 800 251-5551, Fax: +1
217-239-2556, E-mail: email@example.com, Web: www.geomagic.com.
Raindrop Geomagic, Inc.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Tue Jun 05 2001 - 22:40:21 EEST