Re: "Solidifying" STL - How to get the shell only?

From: Mark Bliek (info@materialise.com)
Date: Thu Jun 12 1997 - 02:37:58 EEST

Robert,

It should be possible to quickly correct an STL-model consisting out of
more shells merged into 1 STL-file, with Magics RP. What you should do is
output the different shells again into separate STL-files with the 'Convert
shells to part option' in the Tools menu. The separated STL-files can then
be manipulated individually. After closing each STL-file use the Boolean
operations 'unite' to make one STL file again. (When closing large defects,
try also the fill hole option, which is useful when you have missing
surfaces, just click on the edge where the surface should be, and the
missing area will be filled in, following the edge).

Mark Bliek
Materialise USA

(313) 662 5057
(313) 662 7891