Re: Color RP Systems

From: Andre Dolenc (
Date: Mon Dec 04 1995 - 13:33:05 EET

BAU writes:
> Houses (normally) are one-of-a-kind products. Think of the number of
> architects and construction engineers in your city, and you get an idea
> of a market potential !

There is a place for RP, and its use will tend to grow as the costs of making
models decreases, but the market potential does not seem to be as large as
you suggest.

Several years ago I contacted the architecture Dept. of this University.
One person there knew more about RP than many engineers. The problem with
using RP in architecture is costs. In general, architecture models do not
require high accuracy, they can be large, and it is very very cheap to
build them the traditional way.

IMHO, virtual reality technology is more appropriate for this application area.

Regards, Andre'

Helsinki  University  of  Technology       voice/fax: +358-0-4513239/4513293
Institute  of  Industrial Automation          e-mail:
Otakaari 1, Espoo, FIN-02150 Finland