[rp-ml] Penn State

Marshall Burns ListMail2 at fabbers.com
Sun May 13 01:44:19 EEST 2018

A question about the standing of Penn State in the 3D printing universe.

I've received the following description: "Penn State has developed into one
of the premier universities related to 3D research and teaching. We have
about 102 or so 3D printers on campus, ranging from $500 open source Rep
Raps to $1.5M metal 3D printers. Our list serve is about 180 people, and we
have at least eight 3D printing classes focusing on processes, design,
materials, etc. We are also in the process of creating an MS program in
Additive Manufacturing & Design that engages five departments in two
colleges."

That sounds pretty impressive. Are there any universities in the world that
top that? I wonder if, instead of "one of the premier universities," the
description should be "the premier university."

Anyone here know current university facilities well enough to comment on
that?