Re: [rp-ml] Early service bureaus

From: Marshall Burns <ListMail2_at_fabbers.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 08:25:53 -0500

Attached: “1992_09-Ennex-Automated_Fabrication_Service_Bureaus_Appendix.pdf” (249 kb; pg 9..13)

Hi Jan,

                Regarding your question on early service bureaus, I attach a listing of 38 North American bureaus from my 1992 report. This is one of a number of sources for this information:

                * “Rapid Prototyping Report” published the “Rapid Prototyping Directory” in 1991 and annually from 1994 to 2000, which included listings for all known service bureaus worldwide.

                * Ennex Fabrication Technologies (my company) published the special report, “Automated Fabrication Service Bureaus” in 1992 with a listing of 38 bureaus in North America (as attached).

                * I’m pretty sure I wrote an article called “Automated Fabrication: The Service Bureau Option” for a magazine called “DesignNet” in 1992, but I don’t seem to have a copy of it.

                * ConnectPress published an industry directory called “RP Direct” in 1997 and 98.

                * Terry Wohlers might have done something similar in his annual reports; I’m not sure.